Thursday, 7 August 2014

The Festival Of Quilts...


Today I visited my first Quilt Festival, "The Festival Of Quilts" at the NEC in Birmingham.

The quilts on display were truly amazing.  I was in ore of the care, commitment and work involved in these gorgeous quilts.  

There were some fab items on display and for sale too, including some machine stencil rulers to enable you to quilt patterns and designs onto your quilt.  And amazing free motion quilting machines which I had a little go at.  It was great fun but a tad out of my price range!

I actually didn't go spending mad.  I brought a "Triangle Square Up Ruler" as I'm thinking of doing Triangles for my next Quilt top.  And I purchased some plain fabric Fat Quarters to mix in with the fabric bundles I already have to make my two Daughters quilts (my next project!).


I didn't do any of the workshops, maybe next year!!  Anyway, its well worth a visit.  I loved having a good nosy around.  

Great products, great tips, lovely people, very inspirational.  What more could you ask for!

Having arrived home with weary legs I found these...


Baked (and photographed) by my eldest Daughter.  What a great way to finish the day off with a cake (or two!), a cup of tea and a browse through the websites I came across today. 


Emma xx


4 comments:

  1. Hey Emma ... I've nominated you for the Liebster Award ... Check out my blog post to find out what you've to do :) ... hugs xxx

    http://craftmama087.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just come back from my hols to find your lovely message, how exciting, thank you so much. I'll come on over and investigate (if I'm not too late!). :0) xx

      Delete
  2. Hello Emma! I have come to visit your blog through the Lily's Quilt Link. I have really enjoyed my visit and I love your first quilt!! Very pretty. I'll be coming back to visit again :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christine, that's very kind of you. :0) xx

      Delete